The list of students who are successful in their first application to FCT is sent by the Ministry of Education. The students are automatically entered into the computer database management system (CLIP).
These students then have a week in which to enrol at FCT and deliver the following:
- Four photographs;
- Identity Card (original plus one copy);
- Tax Payer Number (Número de Contribuinte) – (original plus one copy);
- Updated Individual Health Card Certificate (confirming Tetanus vaccination)
Student enrolment has been a very simple process for a number of years. It is carried out completely online during the month of August.
Students can enrol for the whole academic year – both the 1st and 2nd semesters. Later, there is a period in which enrolment modifications can be made, at the beginning of each semester.
The following enrolment procedures are currently in force:
- Enrolment for previous year subjects have priority. Enrolment in two subjects from previous years does not count for ECTS totals;
- Enrolment in remaining previous year subjects along with new subjects up to a total of 60 ECTS per year.
It is also possible for students to put their enrolment on hold for a year.