Energy and Bioenergy
Benilde Simões Mendes
Benilde Simões Mendes
29th September 2008.
Post-employment and/or semi-daytime ("compact").
Formation of professionals with technical and scientific skills to intervene in the market for industries and production-related services and management of energy from biomass and wastes. The technical and scientific skills of a Master in Energy and Bio-Energy are:
- To assess the possibility of producing energy from biomass and waste in order to contribute to the increased production of energy from renewable sources and to cover the needs of Portugal and other European countries, primary energy ;
- To intervene in the processes of energy from these resources, seeking to optimize the processes themselves, increasing the efficiency of energy conversion and minimizing environmental impacts arising from it;
- To develop projects for recovery of forest in order to help reduce the risk of forest fires and to improve the local economic situation, regional and national levels;
- Ability to intervene in the processes of standardization and certification of products and systems for production and processing of recyclable materials from the standpoint of energy;
- Contribution to the improvement of technologies of energy recovery from biomass, including co-generation technologies, co-gasification and pyrolysis of materials combined calorific significant;
- Assessment and management of environmental impacts of production processes and distribution of energy obtained from biomass and waste energy recoverable.
The Masters in Energy and Bio-Energy will be able to work in production, quality control and safety in activities related to biomass production and recoverable energy resources in the ranks forest, agricultural and waste recovery, as well as developing new bio-fuels and on improving existing production processes.
They may perform tasks in consulting and research and development in various sectors, as Universities, Polytechnics and Industry.
Credits : 120 ECTS
Mandatory scientif areas
Access to other courses
The following modes of evaluation are used with regard to academic qualifications:
- Evaluation based solely on an examination or completion of a final project.
- Evaluation based on work done throughout the semester excluding examination or final project. In these courses students can expect to carry out, for example, laboratory activities, mini-tests, tests, individual or group projects, seminar-related activities, any combination of which will be used to determine the final grade.
- Evaluation based obligatorily on an examination or a final project. In these courses there extists a form of evaluation similar to one of the aformentioned activities in paragraph 2 as well as a form of evaluation based on a final exam.
- Evaluation based on work don
1.º Semester Code Name ECTS 8456 Balanços Materiais e Energéticos da Produção de Biomassa 6.0 8466 Energia e Ambiente 6.0 7457 Energias Alternativas 6.0 8457 Produção de Biomassa Florestal 6.0 8458 Produção de Culturas Energéticas 6.0 2.º Semester Code Name ECTS 8467 Criação de Empresas no Sector da Bio-Energia/Empreendedorismo 5.0 8461 Produção e Utilização de Bio-Combustiveís Líquidos 5.0 8462 Produção e Utilização de Hidrogénio 5.0 8459 Sistemas de Informação Geográfica 5.0 8460 Valorização de Biomassa e Resíduos 5.0 2.º Semester - Opção Livre 1 Code Name ECTS Options 8762 Seminário I 5.0O aluno deverá obter 5.0 créditos nesta opção. 3.º Semester Code Name ECTS 8465 Análise de Projectos 4.0 8894 Dissertação em Energia e Bioenergia 42.0 8463 Política das Energias Renováveis 5.0 8464 Produção de Energia a partir da Biomassa 4.0 3.º Semester - Opção Livre 2 Code Name ECTS Options 8926 Seminário II 5.0O aluno deverá obter 5.0 créditos nesta opção.