Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia
Departamento de Ciências da Vida
Teacher in charge
João Manuel Gonçalves Couceiro Feio de Almeida
Lesk A. Introduction to Bioinformatics (2nd Ed.).Oxford University Press, 2005, Oxford. (ISBN 0 19 927787 7)
Orengo C., Jones D., Thornton J. Bioinformatics: Genes, Proteins and Computers. Advanced Text. BIOS Scientific Publishers Limited, 2003, Oxford. (ISBN 1 85996 054 5)
Claverie J.-M., Notredame, C. Bioinformatics for Dummies. Advanced Text. For Dummies, 2003, ?. (ISBN 0 76451 696 5)
Bergeron B. Bioinformatics Computing. PTR, Prentice Hall, 2003, New Jersey. (ISBN 0 13 100825 0)
Lacroix Z., Critchlow T. Bioinformatics, Managing Scientific Data. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, 2003, San Francisco. (ISBN 1 55860 829 X)
Web content available through selected hyperlinks.
- Tests - 2 (40% to 70% of the final mark)
- Final exam - 2 periods (40% to 100% of the final mark)
- Questionnaires - 11 minimum (30% of the final mark)
- Written assignment - optional (30% of the final mark)
Available assessment flows:
- First time students (opções) - [30%+70%; 30%+40%+30%]
- Questionnaires (10) - Tests (2) – Exam, 2nd period (if necessary) - Written assignment (optional)
- Questionnaires - Exam, 1st period – Exam, 2nd period (if necessary) - Written assignment (optional)
- Other students - [100%]
- Exam, 1st period – Exam, 2nd period (if necessary)
- Tests (2) – Exam, 2nd period (if necessary)
Students trying to improve their final mark will never be considered as first time students, even if they are in their first enrollement in the course.
Students with more than two (2) enrollements in this course will be considered as first time students.
First time students will have to declare their intended assessment flow útil the first test.
The student assiduity will be managed according to the faculty rules.