CULTURAL TRENDS IN PORTUGUESE SPEAKING COUNTRIES
Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas
Teacher in charge
Ana Maria Martinho
a)To develop historical and cultural knowledge about Portuguese speaking countries today.
b) To identify different critical paradigms as well as their changes and mutations.
c) To improve reading and research individual practices.
d) To participate in class discussions.
1. General perspective about the Media in Portuguese speaking countries.
2. Democracies and transitional regimes. Their relationship with the Media.
3. Culture, elections and violence.
4. Ethnical policies and social conflict.
5. Environment and cyber-resistance.
6. Development and globalization.
7. Endangered cultures and resistance.
8. Religion and the Media.
9. Life in the cities and the blogosphere. New Media.
A fornecer para cada módulo, com materiais organizados para o efeito .
Tailored to each week’s discussions.
All sessions are theoretical and practical.
The instructor presents working materials and discussion topics, previously prepared by the students. A discussion with the students will follow.
Evaluation to be monitored on a weekly basis.
Items to consider in the final grading:
Test - 35%
Paper - 35%
Participation in class discussions - 15%
Participation in class - 15%