- Specialty Biotechnology
- Specialty Physical Biochemistry
- Specialty Structural Biochemistry
- Specialty Biophysics
Teresa Maria Fonseca de Moura
The main objectives of the Doctoral Program in Biochemistry are to guarantee that the recipient of this degree will have acquired the following expertises and competences:
- Systematic knowledge in a branch or speciality of Biochemistry;
- Competences, abilities and research methods associated to Biochemistry in its different components;
- Capacity to conceive, project, adapt and carry out scientific research, while respecting academic standards of quality, integrity and ethics;
- Capacity to carry out original research that may contribute to the advancement of the frontiers of acknowledge, worth of international disclosure through international publications with refereeing.
- Critical analysis spirit with the ability to evaluate and synthesize new and complex ideas;
- Capacity to communicate with the pairs, the scientific community and the society in general about his/her area of expertise.
- Capacity to promote, in an academic or professional context, the technological, social or cultural progress of a knowledge-based society.
Another objective of the Doctoral Program in Biochemistry is to provide the PhD student a multidisciplinary education that may fulfil in a synergic and wide way the knowledge acquired in the curricular units of his/her doctoral specialization.
Research/Academia, Chemical, Clinical and Pharmaceutical Laboratories, Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Food Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Industry.
Duration: 4 years
Credits: 240 ECTS
Mandatory scientifc areas
|Economy and Management||3|
|Any other area||15|