1. An updated Curriculum Vitae, mentioning the country in which the secondary studies were carried out;
2. Copy of identity card (or passport in the case of foreign candidates);
3. Copy of taxpayer number (Cartão de contribuinte);
4. Document showing that the candidate meets the conditions specified in Article 2. In the case of foreign qualifications, the candidate should add an official document from the Portuguese embassy or consulate from the country of origin of the candidate or, as an alternative, from the embassy of the country of origin in Portugal.
5. Statement from the supervisor, accepting the supervision of the doctoral work of the candidate;
6. Outline of the thesis (minimum of one page, signed by the candidate and by the supervisor);
7. Statement from the co-supervisor;
8. Proposal of the Thesis Advisory Committee, written by the supervisor. A proposal form is available at the Academic Services. It should be delivered until 6 months after the admission date.
The final registration of the students and the respective thesis plan, are carried out directly at the Academic Office, within a period of 30 working days after the positive admission.
Along with the documents which have already been submitted, the candidate should add:
- Registration form (supplied by the Academic Office);
- 1 passport-sized colour photograph;
- Payment of the registration fee, which is established by the Director of ITQB;
- Theme of the proposed thesis and its respective plan;