Project Management II Course - from standards to practice
Projects move us. Inspire action. If properly managed, they give sense and direction to our effort, make change happen.
Do you have any project ongoing or in mind? Would you like to develop your project management skills? If so this course is for you.
You will learn how to build a project from an idea, understand and decide on the management approach to follow, realize how the challenges usually faced by a project team may be tackled and be prepared to "pitch" the project in learning environments carefully prepared.
- Consolidate understanding of the waterfall approach to managing projects and their applications
- Use the agile approach to manage projects and understand the difference to waterfall
- Apply negotiation concepts and strategies
- Apply leadership skills to different contexts, people involved and emerging challenges
- Develop advanced understanding of how to manage the unexpected during the project lifecycle
- Prepare a project plan, PITCH and deliver it
WHO CAN APPLY?
PhD students at Universidade NOVA de Lisboa and
PhD holders working at NOVA (Professors, researchers,...)
who have already attended the Project Management I course at NOVA Escola Doutoral
WHEN AND WHERE?
3rd edition: 5th, 19th, 26th june, 3rd and 10th july 2023 | ONLINE
LECTURERS AND EVALUATION
Carolina Santos, PhD
Carolina Santos, PhD
- Group work – execute a PITCH that “sells” the project (40%)
- Individual quiz – waterfall and agile approaches (30%)
- Trading plan (30%)
Except for situations duly documented and approved by the Course Coordinator / Coordination of the NOVA Doctoral School, attendance throughout the entire course is the minimum requirement to have access both to the course assessment and to the certificate.
1 ECTS | 6 days (On-line) | 28 hours of work
- Thesing T, Feldmann C, Burchardt, M - Agile versus Waterfall Project Management: Decision Model for Selecting the Appropriate Approach to a Project. Procedia Computer Science. 2021; 181:746-756.
- Abdullah AA. Literature mapping: a bird’s eye view on classification of factors influencing project success. Afr J Bus Manag. 2010;(4):4174–82.
- Serrador P, Pinto K. - Does Agile work? A quantitative analysis of agile project success. Int J Proj Manag. 2015;33(5):1040–51.
- TURNER, Rodney – The handbook of project-based management: leading strategic change in organizations. 3rd edition. Mcgraw-Hill.
- PMI - A guide to the project management Body of Knowledge. 6th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Project Management Institute, 2017.
- IPMA - Individual competence baseline for project, programme & portfolio management. Version 4.0. Amsterdam: International Project Management Association, 2015.
- Ken Schwaber, Jeff Sutherland, Guia do Scrum, Scrum Guide, Trad. Pedro Silva e Mário Pereira,