NOVA 4 the Globe - Mission and Ambition
- To promote and communicate NOVA’s performance as a leading University committing to sustainable development, contributing to positive behavioral changes and facilitating relevant partnerships with other institutions
- To promote collaboration between NOVA’s different research fields and schools guided by missions and embracing the UN’s 2030 Agenda Goals for Sustainable Development from a knowledge-creation point of view and with an interdisciplinary approach.
- To play a significant role in a set of international networks that combine, under the UN’s 2030 Agenda Goals for Sustainable Development, cutting-edge interdisciplinary research and initiatives with a high level of social and economic impact
In accordance with the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, we recognize our role as a higher education institution to take an active part as an agent of transformation in three areas:
- Education/Teaching – promote the integration of interdisciplinarity and sustainability in all our study cycles and educational programmes.
- Research – increase mission-oriented research activity guided by the 2030 Agenda, that promotes global collaboration and interdisciplinarity.
- Value creation/Impact/Society – promote knowledge and technology transfer, capacity building, outreach activities and policy development guided by the SDGs through collaboration with the government, national and international partners and NGOs.
Check NOVA's contribution to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
To support the NOVA 4 the Globe initiative, in each one of NOVA’s academic units there is a responsible, committed to the implementation of sustainability in each Campus.
NOVA 4 the Globe - General Contact
Joana Guedes, PhD
If you are interested in receiving communications from us (info about calls, events, invites for workshops, etc.) please e-mail Joana Guedes.
NOVA's Campolide Campus joins the international movement #ClimateStrike
Similarly to many global universities, NOVA University Lisbon brought together students, staff, researchers, and faculty at the Campolide Campus on September 27, 2019 for a group photo for Environmental Sustainability. This initiative is part of the #ClimateStrike movement. For a more sustainable NOVA! #Sustainability # NOVA4theGlobe
FCT NOVA presents its new Sustainability webpage that wants to involve everyone in building a Sustainable Campus. SDG11|SDG12
NOVA 4 Complexity
Research in Asia
Research in Latin America
Research in Europe
Research in Africa
Check NOVA's event calendar