The Social Innovation Technology Transfer and Valorization Center promotes activities within defined areas of activity.
The work is done in close collaboration and cooperation with the social innovation units - research units, infrastructures, laboratories and study cycles - of the NOVA schools that constitute the Center, with a special focus on those of Law, Social Sciences and Information Management.
External partners include multiple entities from social sectors - companies, NGOs, municipalities, non-profit associations, social centers, among others.
Lines of Action
- Dynamization of Applied Research Activities, in which groups of researchers from different areas of knowledge explore multi and interdisciplinary approaches to social issues
- Promotion of Collaborative Research Activities, in which applied research is developed through a collaborative agenda with the private, public and social economy sectors
- Development of training and qualification activities for private and social economic entities, as well as citizens
- Promotion and dissemination of initiatives and results with positive social impact, as well as responses with social innovation
- Promotion of scientific, social and cultural events
- Incubation and acceleration of start-ups (resulting, or not, from the interface areas) and cowork in the area of social innovation
- Fostering public discussion on potential social responses and future activities considered essential for creating value by the Social Innovation Technology Transfer and Valorization Center.