NOVA’s Doctoral School is aimed at the university’s PhD students and their supervisors and was created with the following goals:
- contributing to the excellence of the doctoral training at NOVA;
- providing cross-disciplinary and complementary training to PhD students and their supervisors;
- promoting interdisciplinarity and transdisciplinarity;
- sharing best practices in doctoral programmes and promoting cross institutional cooperation, at both national and international level.
- contributing to network creation and collaborations between students and professors at NOVA.
To achieve these goals, fifteen training courses were created.