The Social Innovation Technology Transfer and Valorization Center aims to create and develop new processes and methodologies of social innovation that make it possible to combat and solve the social needs present not only in the Lisbon region, but also throughout the national or EU territory, where similar problems may exist.
- Stimulate the interaction of scientific and technological knowledge, as well as its valorisation and transfer between the University and its I&D Centers with private, public and social economy entities
- Increase, in Portugal, the capacity to produce knowledge on innovative responses to social needs in diverse areas
- Increase national and international I&D excellence and competitiveness
- Encourage the development of social projects to combat social inequalities and contribute to the growth and development of the local, regional and national economy
- Promote social events and cultural initiatives for the benefit of the community
- Promote the advanced training of entities and human resources, stimulating lifelong learning
- Foster progress, development and creation of sustainability conditions in order to improve the conditions of populations
- Create positive social impact and develop socially innovative responses at national, European and international levels
The achievement of these objectives will allow the Social Innovation Technology Transfer and Valorization Center to increase and reinforce social innovation methodologies and processes, actively contributing to social development, enhancing knowledge transfer, creating jobs and developing social and technological activities.